I've had these game concepts circulating in my head for a bit. I took the time to update two products in my store, and then create two customizable options. Essentially, they are digital game boards to display while completing the activity.
How many times have you played bingo and students ask what has already been called? I found a way to digitally call the cards, optionally show the answers, and display the previously called cards for the duration of that rounds play. You just store the file in a drive, and open it when you are ready to play. It will open in a browser, but it does not need internet. Then, you can laminate your bingo cards to use over and over!

Next, I redid a classroom favorite, Order of Operations Basketball. All my future professional ball players loved this activity. In teams they solved problems, and then they could use a small basketball to shoot at a Little Tikes hoop. Most of my dry erase board was covered by my TV that was used for teaching. We didn't have much room to track scores. When I rebuilt this, I wanted a digital option to display for displaying teams, tracking their scores, and keeping time. Not everyone will want the noise from students actually shooting hoops. That is where I added the option to virtually shoot hoops and it has an algorithm to randomly score or miss.

After creating all this I started to think how I could enable others to use one of these tools, but add their own custom problems. I was able to build it with a built in downloadable template. Add in your questions and answers, and then upload it back into the board. Then you can run the board with your content. For the customizable boards there are two options - basketball and football. I plan to build out soccer and hockey options as well.
Leave a comment if you have ideas or suggestions for the current boards or future ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment