4 months later and the blows keep coming from my previous job. In all transparency, my unemployment was denied. I am in the process of appealing it. Yesterday was the hearing for the appeal. That was the first time my former employer ever shared what "confidential" information I shared and caused for poor performance. I'm thankful the hearing was by phone. When I heard the lies they were sharing with the judge I was sick to my stomach. My emotions were all over the place. This is the company that I devoted nearly 12 years for, and they were making up information to ensure my unemployment was denied.
One of the lies came from private conversations with a former co-worker. We had many theory and thought sessions. They were between us, and just theories. We were two managers that were privy to many of the changes happening in our district. Somehow they were reported to HR, and they twisted the theory and added an audience.
The other lie came from a private text conversation on two personal, non-district, cell phones. A close co-worker, and manager, had texted me after I was suspended. They started the conversation. I never violated my suspension. Somehow HR was able to share the conversation word-for-word and insinuated I had started the conversation.
If I gained anything from the hearing, I at least gained closure. I now know they really had nothing on me, which is why they've never answered that question. I know they will stoop to any level to protect themselves and get their way. I learned that two former co-workers, whom I trusted and considered friends, betrayed me. I put together an organized appeal with strong evidence, and asked questions of the district on their evidence to poke their lies. I truly gave my all, and will accept the outcome.
Over the summer, and now going into the Fall, I have been picking myself up. I have been redefining who I am and want to be. I let myself be consumed by that job. I truly believe it was worth it for the students and families, but not for me in the long run. I'm in week three at a new job, and I love it. I'm setting boundaries, but ensuring I'm still doing the job that I was hired for. I've started to pick up ARC (Advanced Reading Copy) reviews since I read so much. I've always wanted to that, but never had the time. A couple months ago I started a book page on Facebook to go along with my hobby. Definitely check it out and give it a follow! A couple times a week I try to share free ebooks that I find.


No comments:
Post a Comment