If you are unorganized, it can make your job as a teacher hard. You remember you put your lesson plans somewhere or notes you took during small group. That is where a good teacher planner comes into play. Some teachers will prefer to create a binder that they can grab and write in whenever they need to. Others will use it digitally, and won't mind carrying around their laptop.
When I first started teaching, I was the type to use a physical binder. Technology was different 12 years ago. I created my own lesson plan template to use. Now that I reflect on it, it was basic for that time. Now that there is more research it is lacking. Look below to see my first lesson plan.
If I were to go back into the classroom today, I would need a more robust planner. It would need to be multiple pages, and include small group planning options. Even in middle school math I had small group plans. Math and Reading would still be large focus for an elementary classroom as those are the core topics. It would be important to include an area for objectives as many administrators are looking for those anymore.


When I think about a one-stop shop teacher planner, I want it to include important items I would use beyond lesson plans. I would need an intervention tracker to help quickly log activities, that way later I can communicate them as needed or have a history of them. I know we can get information from our student information systems on our students, but sometimes it is easier to have it accessible in our content. It would be important to have a student information section that I can record important information on them, and record my communication to home. This area would be great for building individual student progress trackers. By having these available, you can easily share them when a family member asks for them or someone in the building asks for current data.



There are other items some teachers might find important like a class birthday calendar, class transportation log, class procedure page, or sub page. I personally love a month view of a calendar. I like to use this to put school, district, and personal events all in one spot for a quick view. I've learned that teachers don't necessarily use their email calendar like administrators do. Even as an administrator, I still liked a good digital calendar.
If you are interested in purchasing this teacher planner, head over to my TPT store to grab your copy today!
No comments:
Post a Comment